How Can You Be Involved with Red Pump? Here’s 7 Ways…
People often ask us how they can get involved with The Red Pump Project. Well we’ve got a couple of ways if you’re interested!
1. Get on our mailing list so you can get all our updates about happenings around the country. We send out a newsletter quarterly, with increased frequency during the time of our “Rock the Red Pump” campaign. Still. We won’t spam you or clutter your inbox. This is a promise.
You might be seeing this in your inbox because you’ve signed up to get our blog posts delivered to your email. This is different from our mailing list. So… sign up!
3. Rock the Red Pump™ on your blog. Be a part of our annual campaign to get bloggers to commemorate National Women and Girls’ HIV/AIDS Awareness Day, by placing a “Rock the Red Pump” badge on their sites to represent the strength and courage of women fighting HIV/AIDS or affected by the disease. The 4th annual campaign kicks off January 2012. If you’re on our mailing list, you’ll be the first know!
4. Write a blog post for the Red Pump site about why you care about HIV/AIDS. Why do you “Rock the Red Pump?” Stories reach farther than statistics, and we want to hear yours. You can submit a post idea to info at redpump dot org.
5. Partner with The Red Pump Project for an event in your area for an HIV/AIDS awareness day. Please keep in mind that partnership with Red Pump is important when you choose to use our marks. We’re very open to partnering with organizations and individuals, so email us with what you have in mind!
6. Become an ambassador. We’re currently only looking for ambassadors in New York City and Washington DC. To learn more and apply, read our ambassadors page.
7. Come to THIS event below to learn more if you’re in Chicago:
The Red Pump Project invites you to Fab Five Fridays for a happy hour meet and greet on Friday, October 28, 2011 from 6-10pm, at Red Kiva (1108 W. Randolph; Chicago, IL 60607).
Red Pump is gearing up for an incredibly active six months, nationally, leading up to National Women & Girls HIV/AIDS Awareness Day (March 10, 2012). However, in Chicago alone, we’ll be having 3 major events and initiatives between now and March 2012, and we need help in ensuring their success.
If you’re interested in getting involved with The Red Pump Project, come to this happy hour and we’ll let you know what areas we can use your help in.
6 – 7pm – Complimentary Alizé cocktail tasting
7 – 8pm – How to get involved with Red Pump
8 – 10pm – Be merry!
And while you’re there, you’ll enjoy music provided by the Fab Five DJs of Chicago: Kwest_on, Joe Kollege, Niena Drake, GT, and 8Ball.
No cover. $3 domestic beers, $5 cocktails.
If you don’t live in Chicago, but would still like to get involved with us, email us saying how you’d ideally like to help.
Soon, #8 will be “Buy Red Pump Merchandise.” We’re relaunching our online store in the next couple of months, and that is another way you can help support our organization.
We’d love to get you involved with our work so just let us know how you’d like to help!