Announcing the launch of the 4th annual Rock the Red Pump Campaign!
“Every 35 minutes, a woman tests positive for HIV in the United States.“
Today, we launch our fourth annual Rock the Red Pump™ bloggers campaign, in recognition of National Women and Girls HIV/AIDS Awareness Day (NWGHAAD), which is March 10th annually. The campaign’s goal is to generate conversation in blogosphere about the issue of HIV/AIDS and how it affects women. In the 50 days leading up to NWGHAAD, we ask bloggers to place one of our 5 badges on their websites to represent the strength and courage of women fighting HIV/AIDS or affected by the disease. Then on NWGHAAD, people across blogosphere dedicate their posts to talking about the impact of HIV/AIDS on women and girls. Well, this year, we’d like to paint blogosphere red on March 9, 2012, a Friday. And then on March 10th, we’ll be having events in cities across the country (details to come on those!).
Last year, with the support of BlogHer, the largest community of women who blog, over 1,250 blogs were involved in the campaign. This year we are raising the bar (with their help once again)! Not only do our badges feature a custom illustration from Veronica Miller, but we are also challenging ourselves to “Rock the Red Pump” on 2,500 BLOGS on March 9, 2012!
Whether you are a first-time participant or an “old” pro, we thank you for supporting this movement! There are also other ways for you to demonstrate your involvement in the 50 days leading up to March 10th.
- Sign up to “Rock the Red Pump” and embed one of our five custom badges in the sidebar of your website and/or blog.
- Dedicate a post to the important issue of HIV/AIDS and women on March 9, 2012 (We’re choosing to paint blogosphere FIERCE on this day because March 10 is a Saturday this year). Need some statistics to get started? Check out our HIV/AIDS 101 page.
- Participate in our weekly #RedPumpDiaries Twitter discussions on a variety of important sexual health topics
- Snap a photo in your favorite pair of red shoes and share with us via our Facebook page, Twitter, and/or Tumblr.
- Spread the word and tell a friend!
Thank you for your support and we look forward to joining us to “Rock the Red Pump” in 2012! Official hashtag: #RocktheRedPump! SIGN UP FOR THE CAMPAIGN.
Help us spread the word! Tweet