The inaugural Red Pump-a-Thon brings the traditional telethon into the digital age. The event will be a LIVE 24-hour webcast, in which the public can interact with Red Pump co-founders and supporters as they discuss various topics related to HIV/AIDS treatment, education, and prevention.
Several program topics will specifically address HIV/AIDS within the Black community, in recognition of National Black HIV/AIDS Awareness Day which is observed on February 7th annually.
The Pump-a-Thon will kick-off on Friday, February 10th at 9a CT and end on Saturday, February 11th at 9a CT. The overall goal is to raise $10,000 via pre-event pledges, pledges collected during the webcast, and via sponsorships. Supporters will have the opportunity to make donations and also place a pledge donation per hour. Money raised will go to support Red Pump’s 2012 programming.
The webcast programming will alternate between pre-determined topics, interviews, and unscheduled dialogue guided by online audience feedback and comments. Throughout the 24 hours, Karyn and Luvvie will be joined by local Chicago personalities, community leaders, and their peers.
* HIV/AIDS Stigma within Faith-Based Communities
* Talking about Smart Sex Practices with Teens
* HIV/AIDS 101
* The Role of the Hip-Hop Community in HIV Education
* Building a Consensus Among Black Women and the MSM Community
* HIV/AIDS in the Media: Are We Telling the Right Stories?
* We Are One: A Discussion about the Global Impact of HIV/AIDS
* You Rock: Spotlight on Organizations and Individuals Leading the Fight Against HIV/AIDS
* Becoming Your Biggest Advocate: Fighting For Your Health
Sponsorship Opportunities: There are many ways that companies can get involved in this webcast: sponsored segments (below), meals, product mentions, and in-kind donations. We can also create custom sponsorship opportunities for organizations and businesses who are interested.
* Cupcakes and Condoms – A late night discussion about ways to keep things spicy in the bedroom while staying safe. The session will be lead by a local “sexpert” and will be attended by 8-10 women. (60 minute segment)
Specifically seeking in-kind sponsorship from: Dessert Businesses (two sponsorships available), Condom Manufacturers (one sponsorship available)
* He Said, She Said – A “battle of the sexes” roundtable in which four men and four women square off on topics about ranging from getting tested together to discussing condom use. (90 minute segment)
General sponsorship of overall segment (one $400 sponsorship available)
* Awareness is Always in Style™ – Staying true to Red Pump’s personality, there will be two segments focused on the hottest red pumps and stylish businesses that support the fight against HIV/AIDS. (Two 30-minute segments)
Specifically seeking sponsorship from: Beauty/Fashion Companies with an active role in the fight against HIV/AIDS (two $250 sponsorships available)
* Lunch ‘n Learn: HIV/AIDS in the Media – Viewers are invited to join us as we invite a local community leader to join us for an educational conversation about a to-be-determined topic related to HIV/AIDS. (60 minute segment)
Seeking in-kind sponsorship from: Restaurant/Catering Company (one sponsorship). Also, seeking one $400 sponsorship.
* Coffee and Conversations – On Friday and Saturday morning, Karyn and Luvvie will go through hot topics pulled from the Internet and provide their thoughts. They will also discuss Red Pump news and events.
Specifically seeking in-kind sponsorship from: Restaurant/Catering Company (two sponsorships available)
Benefits of sponsoring one of the above segments includes:
* Two mentions during the sponsored segments
* Logo and website displayed on-screen
* Mention in program guide next to sponsored segment
* Pre-webcast and post-webcast mentions via Red Pump online channels
There are opportunities available to provide dinner and snacks (including late-night treats). These sponsorships are in-kind and will receive recognition during the webcast and in pre- and post-webcast promotion.
The Red Pump Project appreciates the support of many companies and businesses. If you have a product or business that you would like us to share with our audience, we are more than happy to partner on the opportunity. Mentions range in cost from $25-$75, depending on the time slot. To ensure the integrity of the webcast, there will be no more than two product/business mentions per hour and Red Pump reserves the right to decline those mentions which are not in line with the goals of the organization or the Pump-a-Thon.
In-kind donations are always welcome to assist us with accomplishing the goals of the webcast. These opportunities vary and more information will be provided closer to the date of the event.
We’ll be releasing more information about the Red Pump-a-Thon in upcoming weeks, and we hope you tune in for one (or more) of those 24 hours!
If you have any questions on the information above and/or would like to secure a sponsorship, please contact Karyn Watkins at karyn at redpump dot org.