The Red Pump Project is looking for two (2) PR/Media interns to provide public relations support for the organization’s activities in support of National Women and Girls HIV/AIDS Awareness Day (March 10th). Leading up to NWGHAAD, Red Pump will execute the following programs:
• Fourth Annual “Rock the Red Pump” Blogger Outreach Campaign (Online)
• “In Her Shoes” Women and Girls Workshop (Chicago)
• Third Annual “Rock the Red: Bold. Fashion. Awareness.” Fashion Show (Chicago)
Additionally, the co-founders field various media interview requests and speaking engagements across the country.
Main duties will include developing media lists, fulfilling media requests for information, and keeping track of placements. Interns must have good organizational skills and the ability to adapt to new assignments and deadlines.
This is an unpaid three-month internship beginning January 19, 2012 and concluding on April 13, 2012. The hours needed may vary from week to week, but the average will be 5-10 hours/week. During the month of March, there may be a greater need to handle the increased amount of media and event inquiries.
• Create and update media lists
• Draft pitch letters for media outreach
• Assist with preparation of press kits for distribution
• Fulfill media requests for photos, press releases, and press kits
• Assist with compilation of media coverage reports
• Read and categorize media clips
• Public Relations or Journalism major or experience in a related field
• Ability to communicate professionally with the media
• Superior written and verbal communication skills
• Can manage multiple projects and be able to meet deadlines
For additional information and/or to submit your resume and cover letter for consideration, please email info at redpump dot org with subject “PR Intern.” All resumes must be received by Friday, January 13th.
This position can be done remotely from anywhere, so candidates don’t have to be based in Chicago, IL.