For the 3rd year in a row, we’re happy to be partnering with the ACTS Against AIDS Initiative at the Congressional Black Caucus Foundation Conference in Washington DC. We’ll be powering the social media for the HIV-focused panel on Thursday, September 20, 2012 from 4-6pm, at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center (WCC) Room 202-B
The topic of the panel is “In Search of a Black Solution: What do WE say about HIV/AIDS?”
George E. Curry will serve as moderator, and the speakers are:
- Rashidah Abdul Khabeer, RN, MHS, PhDc - Deputy Director Circle of Care and Founder, BEBASHI
- A. Cornelius Baker, Technical Advisor, FHI 360 Center on AIDS & Community Health
- Gina Brown, MSW, Southern Region Organizer, AIDS United
- Rev. Tony Lee, Senior Pastor, Community of Hope AME Church
- Stephen B. Thomas, PhD, FAAHB, University of Maryland Center for Health Equity
- A. Toni Young, Founder and Executive Director, Community Education Group
A reception will follow immediately afterwards, from 6-7:30PM WCC ROOM 201, honoring Black Leadership in the Fight Against HIV/AIDS
- Rep. Barbara Lee (CA-9)
- Rep. Maxine Waters (CA-35)
- Rev. Calvin Butts
- Thomas W. Dortch, Jr.
- Black Entertainment Television (BET)
There will also be Free HIV Testing in the Health Pavilion, Exhibit Hall Area from September 19 – 22, 2012. Take the opportunity to get tested and know your status!
We’ve be tweeting from @RedPumpProj and using the hashtag #AAALI, and uploading pics via Instagram (@RedPump). So follow us there to join the conversation!