Are You Ready to Rock the Red Pump?
Every 47 minutes in the United States, a woman will be diagnosed with HIV/AIDS. That is our cause. The Rock the Red Pump® campaign is how we take action.
We are 46 days out from National Women and Girls HIV/AIDS Awareness Day (NWGHAAD) so we’re asking you for the FIFTH year in a row to #RockTheRedPump with us. We are working hard to make this year our biggest year yet, and we hope that you will join in this mission.
In the days leading up to March 10th, we will engage with you in a variety of ways designed to get you thinking AND to inspire you to take action on NWGHAAD and every day after. On March 10th, we are going to paint the Internet (and beyond) red with blog posts, images, tweets, and events ALL dedicated to raising awareness about the impact of HIV/AIDS on women and girls.
Fired up yet? Awesome.
Here’s how you can #RocktheRedPump:
- Register your website here and download one of five custom badges to boldly display on your page.
- Follow us on Facebook for shareable image cards and cover photos that you can share or download for posting on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
- Participate in #RockTheRedPump Twitter chats in February and March
- Wear red pumps (or other red shoes) on March 10 and upload photos to The Red Pump Project Facebook page.
- Pledge to share HIV/AIDS information with five women before March 10.
- Join us for Red Pump events in Atlanta, Austin, Charlotte, Dallas and Washington D.C.
Do you have questions about the campaign? This FAQ sheet should help. Whether you are a first-time participant or an “old” pro, we thank you in advance for supporting this movement!