Cupcakes and Condoms™ is Red Pump’s signature program that puts a sweet spin on an educational townhall to connect women and girls with information they need in a relaxed setting.
Attendees are treated to complimentary desserts while engaging in dialogue designed to foster healthy intimate relationships and promote positive choices to aid in the prevention of HIV and STIs. Female condom demonstrations are also offered to expose women to various options for protecting our health.
This event is designed to gather women and teen girls together to talk about advocating for our bodies and taking the right steps to protect their own health. The goal of Cupcakes and Condoms is to create a space that encourages women to ask questions, to actively seek knowledge and to enjoy each other.
In addition, there will be on-site free HIV testing (in select markets).
Since the first Cupcakes and Condoms in 2012, the free program has been held in seven cities, including Chicago, Atlanta, Birmingham, Washington D.C. and Charlotte. To expand the impact and reach, Red Pump is embarking on a ten-city tour to bring this event into new markets that have been heavily impacted by HIV.
PAST EVENTS (2016)
- Cupcakes & Condoms (Charlotte, NC) – March 5
- Cupcakes & Condoms (Atlanta, GA) – March 12
- Cupcakes & Condoms (Washington, DC) – March 12
- Cupcakes & Condoms (Dallas, TX) – April 9
- Cupcakes & Condoms (Birmingham, AL) – April 23
- Cupcakes & Condoms (St. Louis, MO) – August 20
- Cupcakes & Condoms (Gulfport/Biloxi, MS) – August 27
- Cupcakes & Condoms (Houston, TX) – September 10, 2016
- Cupcakes & Condoms (Richmond, VA) – September 10, 2016
- Cupcakes & Condoms (Philadelphia, PA) – September 24, 2016
- Cupcakes & Condoms (Little Rock, AR) – October 14, 2016
- Cupcakes & Condoms (New York, NY) – October 22, 2016
- Cupcakes & Condoms (Los Angeles, CA) – November 5, 2016
- Cupcakes & Condoms (New Orleans, LA) – November 19, 2016
- Cupcakes & Condoms (Miami, FL) – December 17, 2016