[vc_row fullwidth=”false”][vc_column width=”1/1″]
Founded in 2009, The Red Pump Project ® is a nonprofit organization that raises awareness about the impact of HIV/AIDS on women and girls. We empower, educate, and motivate action by boldly driving conversation online and offline around HIV prevention and issues related to sexual and reproductive health. We use the Red Pump as a symbol of empowerment to represent the strength and courage of women affected by HIV/AIDS. We believe that if HIV affects one, it affects us all. We use a powerful symbol for a powerful cause. The incorporation of fashion into the message of HIV prevention is our contribution as we hope to show that Awareness is Always in Style™!
Here are some quick facts about The Red Pump Project®
- The Red Pump Project started as a social media campaign by Karyn Brianne (Watkins) Lee and Luvvie Ajayi in March 2009
- Since 2009, more than 2500 bloggers have participated in the annual #RockTheRedPump campaign on NWGHAAD by placing a Red Pump badge on their site.
- Red Pump is a federally recognized 501(c)3 non-profit organization
- We have official Red Pump Ambassadors in Atlanta, Charlotte, Dallas and DC
- Red Pump’s headquarters is located in Chicago, IL
- DC’s Mayor Vincent C. Gray that made June 21, 2014 officially “Red Pump Day” in Washington, D.C.
- Social Media Community of More than 10,000 followers and fans
- Alicia Keys, Chaka Khan and Kim Coles all “Rock The Red Pump”
- In 2010, U.S. House of Representatives entered Red Pump into the Congressional Record.
- Red Pump honors female HIV/AIDS community activists with the Ultimate Red Pump Rocker and Red Pump Awards annually in Chicago, Charlotte and DC.
FIND THE RED PUMP PROJECT EVERYWHERE!
[mk_social_networks size=”xx-large” style=”circle” margin=”12″ icon_color=”#bf0303″ align=”center” facebook=”https://www.facebook.com/RedPumpProject” twitter=”https://twitter.com/RedPumpProj” instagram=”http://instagram.com/redpump” vimeo=”http://vimeo.com/redpumpproject”]