THE RED PUMP PROJECT uses red shoes to get your attention, and while we have it, we want to talk about the HIV epidemic, to empower and educate and to decrease the stigma around with this topic.
On March 10 of every year, the United States recognizes National Women and Girls HIV/AIDS Awareness Day (NWGHAAD). Launched by the Office of Women’s Health, NWGHAAD is a nationwide observance that encourages people to take action in the fight against HIV/AIDS and raise awareness of its impact on women and girls.
The Rock the Red Pump Campaign
In observance of NWGHAAD, our signature Rock the Red Pump® (#RocktheRedPump) Campaign generates conversation both online and offline about the issue of HIV and how it impacts women.
The campaign aims to:
- Start and drive conversation about the epidemic so people can think critically about it
- Decrease stigma attached to the epidemic, taking the silence out of it
- Provide a platform for women to talk about their connection to the epidemic
- Educate women with information about HIV so they can make better decisions with their bodies
- Support women impacted by HIV to remind them that they are not alone
Since 2009, we have asked women to put on their favorite pair of red shoes (i.e., pumps, sneakers, flats, sandals) on March 10. We encourage supporters to #RocktheRedPump to offer support and encourage discussion among women and girls about sexual health, HIV prevention, and steps to foster healthy intimate relationships.
Join us for the 9th Annual #RocktheRedPump Campaign
What We’re Asking You To Do
- If you’re a blogger, click here to sign up for the 2017 #RocktheRedPump Campaign!
- Wear red shoes (pumps, sneakers, whatever) on March 10 and upload photos to social media using the hashtag #RocktheRedPump
- Post educational statistics to your networks about HIV. (Need some starters? We have you covered.)
- Share your Red Pump Story (a testimonial on how you’ve been impacted by HIV)
- Download the square button below and post on Instagram (and Facebook and Twitter), including the hashtag #RocktheRedPump.
Whether you are a first-time participant or have been rocking with us from the beginning, we thank you for supporting this movement!