Rock the Red Pump® Campaign
“Every 47 minutes, a woman tests positive for HIV in the United States.“
The Red Pump Project uses red shoes to get the attention of women everywhere. While we have your attention, we want to talk about the HIV/AIDS and its impact on women and girls.
On March 10, the United States will recognize National Women and Girls HIV/AIDS Awareness Day (NWGHAAD). Launched by the Office of Women’s Health, NWGHAAD is a nationwide observance that encourages people to take action in the fight against HIV/AIDS and raise awareness of its impact on women and girls.
While great progress has been made in the area of HIV/AIDS prevention and treatment, women still represent 27% of all new AIDS diagnoses, with African-American women accounting for 66% of that group. In observance of NWGHAAD, we would like for you to join our 5th Annual Rock the Red Pump® Campaign! The campaign’s goal is to generate conversation in blogosphere about the issue of HIV/AIDS and how it affects women.
In the 50 days leading up to March 10th, we ask bloggers to place one of our custom badges on their websites to represent the strength and courage of women fighting HIV/AIDS or affected by the disease. Then on NWGHAAD, people across blogosphere dedicate their posts to talking about the impact of HIV/AIDS on women and girls. Whether you are a first-time participant or an “old” pro, we thank you for supporting this movement! There are also other ways for you to demonstrate your involvement and support of Red Pump throughout the year.
We want you to show your support by signing up and putting one of our custom badges on your blog and then on March 10, you dedicate your blog post to talking about the HIV/AIDS!
We would like for you to join us by putting on your hottest pair of red shoes on March 10, and sharing a picture of you rocking them with us on Facebook and Twitter! You can #RocktheRedPump in the following ways:
- Sign up and download the campaign web badge and upload to your website, Twitter, or Facebook profile.
- Wear red pumps (or any pair of red shoes)on March 10 and upload photos to the Red Pump Facebook page, and/or Instagram pics of you in red shoes with the hashtag #RocktheRedPump.
- Write us a blogpost on why you “Rock the Red Pump.” Tell us what makes you care about the HIV/AIDS epidemic, and we’ll post it on the Red Pump blog.
- Join us for Red Pump events in Atlanta, Austin, Charlotte, Dallas, and Washington D.C. around NWGHAAD. More info to come on those!
- Spread the word and tell a friend!
Thank you for your support and we look forward to joining us to “Rock the Red Pump!” Official hashtag: #RocktheRedPump! Follow our main account @RedPumpProj on Twitter. Help us spread the word!